Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Vacation of a Lifetime

The vacation we've been planning and looking forward to for over a year now, has finally come and gone.  We just got back from a week-long cruise to Alaska that started off by a 2.5 day sightseeing vacation in Seattle!  It was hands-down one of THE best (and most expensive!) vacations we've ever been on, but it was definitely worth it - and it really WAS "the vacation of a lifetime."

So first off, Seattle..... never been before.  Loved finally getting to see in person what we've always heard about and seen on TV.  (Instead of posting a lot of Seattle pics, just know we did all the fun touristy things: Starbucks, Pike Place Market, a ferry ride, the Space Needle, etc.....)





Next up?  Bon Voyage!  Alaska here we come!  (And since you already know what WE look like, we'll post pics that are mostly of the gorgeous scenery we got to take in - which is a hard task since we took over 700 pics!)  =)

 









 















Oh yeah..... one of the most fun parts about this trip?  Almost all of Jen's family on her Mom's side went!!!  =)  Such good times, lots of laughs, and amazing memories.  =)

 
 
P.S.  For more pics, look at Facebook.  =)

8 comments:

Mom Walker said...

What a WONDERFUL trip! And what a great way to celebrate Gran's 80th birthday. It was so fun to go anywhere on the ship (or even off)and run into other family members. Everything from whale-watching and exploring, to playing cards, eating and hanging out on the balcony was FANTASTIC! It really was the trip of a life-time. (And I have to say, Noah was THE perfect traveller!) How are we gonna top that one?!?!

Kristi said...

Wow, wow, and wow!!!!!! Love them all!!! The whales...my gosh!!! Noah and you, he looks SO big!!! The blue icebergs, amazing!!!! Yummy waterfalls....gorgeous mtns...and I love your blue dress!!!! So fun. Take me with you next time!!!!

Clare said...

Seattle is a fun town.:) Alaska is gorgeous! One of my younger sisters was just there last week so I've been living vicariously through you all.:)

Michelle Petrilli said...

Beautiful pictures! So glad you got to see the whales! After Whale Watching in Puerto Vallarta, I recommend it to EVERYONE! And the picutes of Alaska just make me miss Alaska that much more! So glad you guys were all able to go and make a family adventure of it!

Moosecoke said...

Sometimes your blogs leave me speechless.... I love your adventures... I love your Noah... I love you guys... and I love being able to call you my family!

Gammy Mangum said...

Looks like a fabulously fun trip!

Erynn said...

Looks like SO MUCH fun!! Noah is such a little cutie. :) Now I'm going to go make myself a cup of hot chocolate... ;)

Emily Shoup said...

So fun! I'm glad that you guys had such a good time!