Monday, October 11, 2010

Pumpkin Patch!

Yesterday we had the most fun taking Noah to pick out his first pumpkin! This is one of the many things we've looked forward to doing with him ever since we knew we were pregnant. =) Since he has a new found fascination with anything round lately (LOVES balls!) and his most favorite color is orange, he found himself in heaven. =) He loved the hayride, he loved all the kids, he loved having lunch outside at the picnic tables, he loved seeing all the bright colored pumpkins, and he loved picking out his own "ba-ba" (which means ball) to take home! We think he was on sensory overload though because he konked out pretty fast after we got in the car to head home. He had the best time, WE had a the best time, and we can't wait to take him back when he can walk! =)

The next fun step will be carving the pumpkins in a week or so and roasting the seeds. Mmmmmm!!!











5 comments:

Mom Walker said...

It WAS a fun day! I'm glad we can finally have Brian and Becca with us for these little outings - just makes it more exciting to celebrate all of these milestones as a family. Noah will have fun picking out his own pumpkin next year and we will all have to oooh and aaaah over his selection.(Hope it't not like the little guy yesteday with that pathetic-looking, pitiful excuse for a pumpkin - that was hilarious!) And the pictures turned out great!!! What a beautiful boy.

The Shoup Family said...

So cute! I need pumpkin seed roasting tips from you. They never turn out right for me. :(

Jess said...

Funny thing is this is one of the things I'm most looking forward to next year too! SO fun!

Kristan L. King said...

Love his "baby pumpkin!" Cute photos...love them, the pics are really great, especially Noah smilin' on the haystack.

Clare said...

I love pumpkin patches so much we went twice this year! I can't put my finger on it exactly, but I think it has something to do with how much I love fall. Do you ever pick apples there? I think that might be fun to do when my kids are a little older (and taller!). As always, adorable pics. How could they not be?:)