In spite of the blowing snow, minor drifts, and roads that glistened with ice, we skipped our normal Wednesday night activities and braved the weather to go see The Thorn at New Life Church here in Colorado Springs with a few of our buddies. (Our friend John played Matthew!) It was an awesome and very vivid performance that walks you through the birth, life, death, and resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. There were exciting parts and horrific parts. Parts that made you want to jump up and down with joy, and parts that made you cry. If Jesus wasn’t in your life and heart before the performance, there should have been no reason that he wasn’t afterwards! The show even ended with a surprise engagement! Some guy proposed to his girlfriend up on stage and made a big thing about it. They said that was the first time in the history of The Thorn that that has ever happened - so it was fun to be there and be a part of that. We all didn’t end up going out afterwards because it was late and the weather was bad..... so we came home and watched the American Idol results instead. ;)
Mom Kelly is on her way to Arkansas as we speak. Pray for safe travels and a good time while she is there. Dad Kelly and Brian will be fending for themselves for the next week, so pray for them! Actually, Dad will be over on Friday night while Brian is working, so he’ll at least get one good meal in while Mom is gone. ;) Greg's hoping for a snow day from work tomorrow so he can sleep in and catch up on some of his DVR'd shows, and Jen's walking plans with her neighborhood friends are being postponed because of the weather we have and will get this weekend. Ahhhh, Springtime in Colorado. ;)
3 comments:
We are going to The Thorn on the 11th and can't wait! Glad you made it home safely last night. The roads were TERRIBLE!
I have always wanted to see that- since I lived here before even! Someday, maybe, but I didn't really figure Josie would appreciate it. I always get overwhelmed by the precious gift of salvation, I am sure seeing it "live" would be an incredible experience. I do have to say I am praying for no more snow! Sorry, Greg!
This is the first year we missed it! :(
Post a Comment