(By Jen)
For a couple of years now (WOW!! I usually don’t procrastinate like this!!), I have been ignoring and pushing aside a dream of mine, and today I took the first step towards that dream. For the past 7 years, I have thoroughly enjoyed working in every aspect of the Radiology department and being an X-ray tech, but in the back of my mind, I always knew that I didn’t want to be one forever. I went back and forth, trying to decide if I wanted to work in the C.T. (cat scan) department or the Mammography department....... and Mammography always seemed to come out on top. Today, after many hours of research and phone calls, I finally went in and had a meeting with the Department Supervisor and some of the tech’s at Memorial Hospital and started to get the ball rolling. I even got to assist with some exams!! It was an absolutely fantastic day!! There are many many more steps to be taken and this will not be an “easy” process, but I will fill you in on all of the events and my decisions about all of this as time goes by. Pray for me as I seek to fulfill God’s plan for my life and aid in the fight against breast cancer.
(Today, 40 years ago, was the day MLK Jr was killed. Hence the reason for the Blog title..... and because I personally have a dream as well. Seems fitting, doesn't it??) ;)
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment