Sunday, October 6, 2013

Noah's Tall Tales

For the past couple of months, Noah has been cracking us up in ways we never thought possible.  He has had quite the imagination and has told THE tallest tales!!!  He's got a story for everything, and 9 times out of 10, they aren't true.  ;)

Like....

Us:  "Noah, how did you get that scratch behind your ear?"
Noah: "Well, I was on the highway and the wind was blowing REALLY hard and it knocked me down and I got scratched."

Us: "Noah, how did you get that bruise on your arm?"
Noah: " I fell all the way down the stairs at Mimi's house."

Noah: "Mommy, do you know why cats jump?"
Jen: "Why?" (thinking this was a riddle or something...)
Noah: "So they can turn on the lights!"
Jen: "What???"
Noah: "Yeah, Uncle Brian told me that!"

Noah: "Daddy, did you get a new car?"
Greg: "Nope, not yet!"
Noah: "Yes you did, you went to safelite repair safelite replace!"
Greg: "LOL, where in the world did you hear about safelite?"
Noah: "Nowhere."

Noah: "So.... we ALL are going to go to Disney World in the car, Mr. Bob has to sit in the trunk and Maddy can sit up front with me because I am going to drive us there."

Noah: "When I was a little baby, I.... (insert about a thousand different stories here)."
Us: "What in the world??  Buddy, you never did that as a baby."
Noah: "Yes I did.  And when my Grandma was a little baby, she.... (insert about a thousand different stories here, too)."
Us:  We just shake our heads and laugh.

Stories like this happen ALL the time around here lately.  So needless to say, there's never a dull moment and we find ourselves always looking forward to the answers to our questions.  ;)

However........ here is one tale that actually IS true:

Noah: "I'M A BIG BROTHER!!!!!"

YEP!!!  You read that right!!!  It's true!!!  WE'RE HAVING ANOTHER BABY!!!  We always wanted our kids to be about this far apart, so..... here we go!!!  =)

 


As of today, Jen is almost 13 weeks along with a due date of April 15th.  This time around we find ourselves a lot more relaxed and a lot less intimidated about the whole "baby" idea.  Two kids (treasures) will be SO much fun - even Noah talks non-stop about his plans for/with the new baby.  =)  We've been given the most amazing gift and will excitedly post updates and pictures as things progress.  Please pray for us!  We never know what the future may hold, but we know who holds it and we sure are excited for it!!! 

John 1:16 - "From the fullness of his grace we have (all) received one blessing after another."
 

7 comments:

Erynn said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!! Oh how we pray for this precious little one - God has such wonderful plans! LOVE love love the FOUR of you!!!

Gammy Mangum said...

WOOHOO!!!! So very excited for you all!! We have SO looked forward to this day and this announcement!! We LOVE all four of you so very much!! :)

jim Prater said...

Congrats!!! I will be Great Uncle AGAIN!!! Another blessing on the way.

Clare said...

What wonderful news! So glad you have a reason for a baby shower.;) April babies are great-that is Carson's birth month!

Moosecoke said...

Couldn't even begin to tell you how excited we are for you FOUR!!

Kim said...

YAHOO!!! So very excited for you guys!
Family of 4 is pretty darn great :)

Kristan L. King said...

So exciting...HEALTHY is #1, but can I just say I am "WISHING* for a girl for you!!

Such fun for you all!!