Sunday, May 8, 2011

Beading

(By Jen)

For anyone who knows me well, creativity and craftiness are not one of my strongsuits. In fact, I have always been known to say that I'd rather pay someone to do something for me rather than to try to do it myself, have it turn out looking like crap, throw it away and waste all that time and money. =)

Well, things may have changed. A little.

Last year for Mother's Day, I purchased the bracelet below for my Mom. Before I even became pregnant, I always knew I wanted to give my Mom a gift like this on her first Mother's Day being a Grandparent.



Gorgeous, isn't it?

Well...... after getting together one night with a friend to "bead" and thinking about it more after having 2 seperate friends on 2 seperate occassions tell me I should get more serious about making jewelry, I decided to give it a try and form a new hobby.

Lemme tell ya, it's fun! So far, nothing's turned out looking like crap, and I haven't had to throw anything away! ;) As I get better, I will start making gifts for people. Until then, this hobby will just be for me to enjoy.

I am also throwing around the idea of doing some woodworking - like pictures with cute sayings on them and etc. If this idea ever comes to fruition, I will let you know. =)

2 comments:

Clare said...

Very pretty! Never thinking that I was "crafty" I finally decided to give it a try- and realized, there is something for everyone, it is just not the SAME for everyone. Looks like you found your niche.:) And I think woodworking would be so cool!

Kristan L. King said...

Jen,

We should consider woodworking together. I just got a jigsaw & I am super excited to use it!!

FYI,
Kristan :0)