We FINALLY got to go to Body Worlds (click here to go to their website)!!! It's been at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science for quite awhile now, and Greg had promised to take Jen sometime while it was still on exhibit there, so we thought today would be the day! But it was MORE fun because we had some company! Brian saw that we had it planned on our calendar and him and Becca wanted to go, and apparently Mom was interested in seeing it too, so we all just planned on going together. We even tried a fun little coffee shop up in Denver for breakfast along the way. We couldn't take pictures inside the exhibit (Jen took one really quick at the beginning though - note the slight blurriness in an attempt to try to be sneaky and not get caught), but it was fascinating and definitely something we'll remember nonetheless. Well, Jen was absolutely fascinated. Greg thought it was cool, but was mostly there since it was something he knew was right up Jen's alley. =)
Noah's first trip to the Museum!
He looks thrilled, huh? ;)
Our little family at Body Worlds!

This is how much blood your body gets pumped through it in one day. WOW! - This was the "sneaky" picture. =)
Noah enjoyed seeing all the exhibits, but eventually preferred seeing the inside of his eyelids.
Lunch at Chili's on the way home. He LOVES being in a high-chair!
HAD to get a picture of him in his adorable little basketball shirt and shorts!

5 comments:
That looks like a lot of fun. Also something I am really interested in. They had an exhibit about in-utero babies at the Portland museum while I was visiting my parents. It was AMAZING-so I think I would really like this one, too. Thanks for the tip! P.S. I will pass along the next "Gymbucks" email I get. Also, the spray park is off of Drennan (down near the airport) and Noah will be a great age for it next year (and it's free!).
What a great family day! So thankful for Brian's new job that allows them to be with us on weekends. I love the pic of Noah in his little basketball outfit--I'm glad I bought that one after all (wasn't sure how you'd feel about him being a little "hog.") Looks like he is ready to follow in his Uncle Brian's footsteps and play basketball.
Isn't Body Worlds great?! We went to see it a few years ago when it was here. I wish we would have gone this year too because I would have been more interested in the pregnant woman display.
I am so glad you were sneaky and got that picture of the barrels...that is so interesting!
I LOVE Body Worlds! It's so amazing to see the miracle of God's creation! And the intricate details He designed? So fascinating! It sounds like the perfect family day. :) Much love to ALL your family! And a super huge hug to Noah from Gammy!
Okay, those body exhibits seem freaky & cool - not sure if I'm into it, but glad you enjoyed it.
On a side note, I tried to take a "for real" picture in D.C. and the security guard TOTALLY went crazy on me and made me delete them in front of him. He said they weren't allowed, but there were no signs & our tour guide said we could!! I complained to the Museum because he was so RUDE! My principal (also on the trip & also taking illegal pics) laughed & then posted her's!! NICE!!! :0) Be careful with those No Picture rules - rent-a-cops take their $8/hr. job SERIOUSLY!!!
Post a Comment