Monday, June 28, 2010

10 Things.....

(By Jen)

It was requested on a friend's blog that I do this "10 things about me" thing, so here it goes....

1. I am NOT a morning person. There is absolutely nothing to be happy about or to talk about first thing in the morning. I need an hour to wake up, and a cup of coffee. Not necessarily in that order. ;)

2. I think it's the most ridiculous thing when people put fake animals in their yards. Birds, deer, etc. I don't understand the point. I also hate it when people put fake plants inside their house. I just don't get it.

3. I LOVE my heated towel warmer. Nothing feels better than stepping out of the shower and having a nice, warm, fluffy towel to wrap up in. Now.... in our next house, we will be installing heated flooring and a heated toilet seat. Can you tell I love to be warm? =)

4. I hate my eyes being messed with. I hate hearing about other people's eyes being messed with. That being said, I can't even imagine having contacts of any kind or eye surgery of any kind. That's just crazy talk in my mind.

5. If I can't see my feet, I don't swim in it. End of story. Blegh!

6. When (and if) I decide to grow my hair out, I plan on getting hair extensions so I don't have to go through that awkward transition phase.

7. I am OCD about cleanliness and being sanitary. Anyone can tell you I am quite the meticulous housekeeper. "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" is what I always say!

8. I have addictions: lattes, corn nuts, those little chocolate waxy donuts, chicken caesar salad (and wraps), fruit, being in the sun, time with Noah, vacationing, and my BlackBerry.

9. I have been getting into this "do it yourself" thing lately. I have been making my own jewelry, things for Noah's room, and an odd assortment of other things. I feel like quite the little housewife.

10. I am picky about my syrup. I can only eat one kind of syrup. I politely decline anything with syrup at anyone else's house since chances are they don't use the same kind we use. =) I don't even order anything at restaurants that might need syrup!

OK, that's it. Hopefully that wasn't TOO boring. And now I have to pick some blogging friends to do the same....... Brian Kelly, you need to do it since I saw you finally updated your blog and have your own website. =) Erynn O'Brien, you are my FAVORITE blogger and have THE BEST blog out there, so you most definitely need to do this. Ali Farmer, it's fun to read about your life, and I am sure it has gotten more interesting these past 3 weeks. Kristen Crowe, I KNOW you read our blog, and it's about time you updated YOUR blog. =)

4 comments:

Jess said...

Can I tell you how much I love that you did this? :o) I am 100% with you on #1. I am NOT a morning person & *never* have been even when I was a kid. Don't talk to me or mess with me in the morning. You'll regret it LOL Oh & I can take your #2 lawn ornament stuff & raise it - The lawn inflatables around holidays? There's a house we know of that has a yard full of them YEAR ROUND. Oh my word WHY.

Mum Mangum said...

I have never tried a heated towel warmer...but I'm pretty sure I'd love it. Not so much though on the heated toilet seat. I cannot stand to sit on a seat that is warm...especially in a restaurant or somewhere that I don't knows who's rear end warmed it for me. Blegh. And IF you could not see - you'd suffer with contacts before wearing glasses any time. It's beyond miserable to wear glasses in the hot humid air. And, while I hated the process of Lasik, I absolutely LOVE that I do not have to mess with my eyes now at all. I wake up seeing again. What a glorious reason to get up!

And now, I want to know what that syrup is so I have it on hand next time you visit...

Kristan L. King said...

Interesting....

Clare said...

Oh-I am a morning person-always the one who fell asleep at all nighters! Joel can feel you on the eye thing-he won't let anyone near his! Also, not one of my phobias, but I do wear contacts.:) I do however,HATE those evil lawn geese! They freak me out-especially when they have clothes on! I want to picket houses with them...:)