Monday, October 12, 2009

Rocktober

Remember how we were hoping that life would slow down once we got done vacationing and everything? Well, it only seems to have gotten busier and busier. Usually around the holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas), our calendars are chock-full of events and things to do almost every night - but seriously? September and October too?

Here’s just a little bit of what’s been going on:

(By Jen) – My friend Ali made (and sent out) THE cutest baby shower invitations for my shower last week for all my non-affiliated church friends/family. She is so awesomely creative! I hope someday I can be as creative as her when it comes time for HER baby shower. I was going to take pictures of the invites and post them, but she already beat me to it and blogged and posted pictures on her site - and again, she is much better at picture taking than me, so click here to visit the post on her blog and see pictures! I KNOW you will love them! ----- Bunco is back in full swing again. We took a break over the summer, but we commenced to start again last month. It’s a lot of fun and I enjoy my night out with the girls SO much!

(By Greg) - Let the studying begin! I got my CFA books in the mail the last week of September and I have created a schedule to get through the 3100+ pages of reading by December 31st! Halfway through October, I am still on track. It’s nice when days are slow at work, because I can read on the job, which allows me more time to hang out with Jen during the evenings and stay caught up on my reading! ----- As some of you may know, the Rockies made it to the post-season again (Rocktober!) this year! My friend and I got tickets to Game 3 and we were extremely excited! The game was supposed to be on Saturday night, but it was freezing, there was drizzling rain, there was still snow on the ground, and the temperature was in the teens; therefore, they postponed the game until Sunday night at 8:00 PM MST! First pitch temperature was 31 degrees (the 2nd coldest game in Coors Field History) and we’re certain it was in the high-teens by the end of the game. The game didn’t get over until 12:15 AM, which means I didn’t get home and in bed until 1:45 AM! It was an awesome experience, and although it was freezing, I’d do it again in a heartbeat! Also, I got one of those cool looking “Rocktober” towels that you see the fans waving around during the games! =)

It was fun this past week...... we got to go with Brian and Becca to look at a potential first house for them! It’s the cutest little house and it’s even kinda close to us too! It brought back some fun memories of when we went and built our first house. =) ----- We went to a wedding this past weekend. A friend of Brian’s (who has become our friend too) got married on one of the nastiest days we’ve had this fall. It was a beautiful wedding though and we had a lot of fun. The weather didn’t seem to bother anyone. ----- Coming up next week, we have our first “Childbirth prep,” (a.k.a. “Lamaze class”) to attend. We’ve been told it’s both worth our time and not worth our time. But knowing how we like to be prepared for everything, we’re going. ;) Should be interesting! ----- In our spare time we keep buying things here and there for Noah. Some necessities, some fun things. His room is full of all kinds of fun stuff! This is all just too exciting!

2 comments:

Clare said...

You have to take a childbirth class. Not necessarily because you will learn anything (although you may) but just because it is one of the few things you can actually "do" to make you feel a tiny bit more prepared. You can never know exactly what will happen-no matter how many kids you have had-so at least it gives you some possible scenarios. Just enjoy it, it is all part of the ride!Besides, it is fun watching the faces your husband will make at some of the photos/videos they will show!:)

Mom Walker said...

October was fun--and busy! November FLEW by. December is already off to a busy start! Noah will be here before we know it...