(By Greg)
Well, August 18th has come and gone, D-Day for the CFA Level 2 test results!
I was very anxious to open up my envelope last night to reveal my results; however, it wasn't what I was hoping for and my heart sank--I did not pass!
I am pretty bummed about the results, but I am trusting in God's plan and knowing that this is what He has planned for me. Hindsight is 20/20, but looking back someday, we'll see the reason why it wasn't in His plans for me to pass Level 2 this year… It's just frustrating knowing how much time/effort was dedicated in the 5+ months leading up to the exam and 300+ hours of study time.
Unless God changes my course, I will sit again for Level 2 next June! I am having some doubts about continuing, but just because I didn't pass Level 2 of the most difficult exams in the world, God doesn't expect me to just give up and quit because of that--so I must press on!
MY PLAN was to get a pass on Level 2 yesterday, study the 6 months for Level 3 starting in January (due date January 1st) and be done with the CFA by June, when the baby is 6 months old. But, maybe a "review" of Level 2 and retaking it would be easier than starting fresh on Level 3 and I can spend more time with the baby! Only God knows the reasoning right now...
Even though I did not pass, thank you to everyone for your support and prayers these last 8+ months as I was preparing, taking the test, and awaiting the results.
"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day!" (Habakkuk 2:3)
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Like I told you this morning, I am just shocked! I was SO SURE you would pass--there was never any doubt in my mind. But, I believe that somehow, some day God will honor all of the time and effort you put into this test. I still couldn't be more proud of you...
We don't know why things happen as they do, but we can take hope in the fact that God does and He guides our steps..
I hurt for you, but I know that God loves you even more than we do and that He is holding you in the palm of His hand. I take such comfort in that.
Set this aside for now and focus on rejoicing in the joy of things to come... :)
We love you and are proud of you, too!
Doug, Susan and "The Q" gang
Greg, I'm so sorry! God definitely does have a plan, I just don't like when it doesn't mirror ours. :( But, I know He's got the best in mind for you, Jen and the little one!
John 13:7 - "Jesus replied, 'You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.'"
Hey Greg:
Sorry about your results but am confident of this very thing that God who has begun a work in you will finish it!
proud of you and all your hard work!
We’re sorry that you didn’t pass the test this time, even though we know you studied hard for it.
Ever since you were little, we encouraged you to keep trying, even when you didn’t get the results you wanted. Through the years, we have seen you set your sights on a goal and work hard to get there. Sometimes easily and sometimes with a lot of work and pain. We are proud of you and the persistence you have to keep striving to get where you want to be.
Do your best, trust God and leave the result to Him.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
Love you
Post a Comment