In a nutshell, Operation Christmas Child is an “event” that sends Christmas to children all over the world who can’t afford it. First, you decide if you want to send a shoe box to a girl or a boy. (In our case, we usually do both a boy AND a girl, or two boys and two girls.) Next, you find an empty shoe box and wrap it up with real pretty wrapping paper; box and lid separate. Lastly, you fill the box with gifts, pray over it, include a picture of yourself if you choose, and send it on its way. It’s such a fun, simple ministry that takes so little time and money, but yet means the absolute world to one child somewhere in this world.
For more information about Operation Christmas Child/Samaritan’s Purse, click here.
2 comments:
We just finished doing our boxes today. The boys had a ball shopping and putting the boxes together. This is a fun tradition!
I realized this year that I had done a shoebox for over 13 years. Other than making me feel really old, it made me feel good to know that I have been a part of a really great tradition of helping people that I am now passing on to my own children. It is truly one of my favorite parts of the holiday.
Post a Comment