(By Jen)
Tag! I am “it” on this new game called “blog tag.” I have been “tagged” and asked to blog about 6 random facts about myself. I don’t want to be the only who doesn’t participate in this, so I will sit here and hopefully come up with some interesting random facts. Prepare yourself.....
1. I have THE hardest time swallowing pills. I practically choke when I have to take my vitamin and other such supplements every day. It doesn’t matter how small the pill is either, somehow it manages to get lodged in the back of my throat and I cough and hack and carry on like I am dying. Greg always gets a kick out of watching me swallow any sort of pill..... I think he’s tempted to sell tickets, like I am putting on a show or something.
2. I have an OCD about having things neat and orderly and clean around the house. (Basically, just don’t touch my stuff – LOL) I feel that our house needs to always be ready just in case someone stops by unannounced. It would absolutely horrify me to have someone see a dirty/messy house. And what’s funny to me is that I have friends tell me, “Oh that will all change when you have kids.” But you know what? I am pretty sure it won’t. I’ll be one of those “mean” moms who make their kids pick up after themselves and not pull out every toy they own to make messes all over the house. There’s just no reason for messiness. -- As long as we’re on the subject..... it absolutely thrills my soul to organize things and to plan my day by making lists (being able to check things off my list really brings about a sense of accomplishment for me). I love organizing things in boxes or Rubbermaid containers with labels. Our next move is going to be a piece of cake for us! ;)
3. Milk and even the thoughts of it make me gag. But I love chocolate milk. Explain that!?
4. I hate to wash my hands in cold water. I will stand there and wait for as long as it takes just to get hot water to wash my hands with. I also practically scald myself in the shower every morning. I can't help it, I just love hot water!
5. I totally love to give anonymously - that excites me more than anything. I also love birthdays and Christmas (I plan Christmas presents and write down ideas all year long) too..... I just LOVE to give presents! Greg and I have given anonymously for as long as I can remember, and I really feel that it truly blesses us personally, and strengthens our relationship with each other as well as with the Lord. If you’ve never done it before, I challenge you to try it. It’s SO incredibly rewarding!
6. I love it when people leave their blinds open at night. (Just ask Greg..... I make him slow the car down so I can get a better look!) It’s so much fun to “spy" on people and to see how they live and how they decorate and what their house looks like. Now, I always shut my blinds at night because it gives me the creeps..... =)
That’s all, friends. Those are my 6 random, hopefully somewhat interesting, facts. I now tag Brian Kelly, Ali Farmer, Kyle Collins, Laura Moffat, Clare Picker, Jenny Bender, and Beverly Bender.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
dang are you allowed to tag that many people? :D
I testify that these above random facts are indeed true!
Greg
This is too fun! I hope I can have a few days to post about these. I need to think of something more interesting than the usual. And don't listen to what anyone says about cleanliness. It won't annoy you any less when you have kids!
Hi!
I better get on this...I am slacking. ;)
Post a Comment