Sunday, June 15, 2008

I Made It!

(By Jen)

Well, I am finally here!! Actually, I have been here for a couple of days now.... Mom and I flew out around 6:30 Friday morning, and made it to the Memphis airport around 12:30 in the afternoon. (I love all of those Elvis gift shops!!) We were tired since we'd been up since 4 a.m., but it sure felt good to be here. I love it here!! Love the heat, love the humidity!! Call me crazy I guess. ;)

These past two days we've already been spoiled with quite a bit of that good ol' southern food too: barbeque, cornbread, bologna and tomato sandwich (with Arkansas tomatos), fried squash, homemade sourdough bread... and I KNOW it will keep getting better!! (Especially on the day of the Reunion.) We've also been sitting around and relaxing quite a bit since we've been here .... playing cards, taking naps, and sleeping in. We even ventured out to the dollar store once too. That's always fun. ;) Last night we went fishing... but Gran and I had to stop at Sonic for a milkshake first while Papa and Mom went on ahead. Hee hee. Such a nice night to fish - not too humid, not too cold.... well, I guess I always tend to get cold anyways though, come to think of it. The katydids were out making noise (I love that sound!), I got a bug up my nose (eeeewww, not used to bugs yet!), and we watched a snake swimming around in the lake, getting closer and closer. Needless to say, "it was time to go."

Today is Father's Day, and once again, I am not home with my Dad. I know Greg and Brian will take good care of him though. We're taking Papa to Jonesboro to a Mongolian Barbeque place. I am thinking it's somewhat like Benihana's, but I guess we'll find out later!! Tuesday we have Tunica, Mississippi on the calendar (maybe I'll win big!), and Wednesday afternoon Greg and my Uncle Glenn and some of my cousins get here. Thursday and Friday the rest of my family will drag in just in time for the Reunion in Manila on Saturday. It's gonna be an awesome week!! =)

2 comments:

widowman10 said...

cicadas. not katydids.

;)

Greg and Jen said...

Guess I need to join the "Mile High Bug Club" with my brother so I can be just as smart about insects as him... lol.
I have always called them katydids and always will....