Wednesday, May 21, 2008

New Airline Policies

(By Jen)

So as I was dusting, cleaning, and tidying up the house this morning, I had my usual Headline News blaring on the TV in the background. Nothing really caught my attention too much until I heard that American Airlines is planning on charging $15 for checking a bag. No, not the second bag, the first bag!! Apparently they have been hit hard by escalating fuel prices, so any checked bags with tickets purchased after June 15th will be charged $15. Crazy!! I also almost learned the hard way about another one of their new changes on my past flight home from Chicago. They are charging $100 for bags over a certain size. Mine was 2 inches over their new limit, and fortunately, the lady at the counter was nice enough to let it pass this time since I wasn’t aware of the new changes.

So a good rule of thumb?? Go online and check the regulations of the airline that you are flying so it doesn’t cost you your other arm and leg to fly.
They're making some changes!! (Apparently, on May 5th, most of the airlines had changed their baggage policy from 2 free checked bags to 1 for each ticketed passenger. The 50 pound rule still applies.)

No comments: