Tuesday, March 25, 2008

CFA Studying

(By Greg)

Well, it's been 2+ months and I'm about 95% of the way through my 4000 pages of material. After I finish the remaining 200 pages (this week), the next 2+ months will include: review, review, review and taking practice test after practice test after practice test until the real test on June 7th.

The last section I'm working on right now is Quantitative Analysis and Ethics (do they even teach Ethics anymore in Business School?). I ran across an equation this morning in my quant studying and thought I'd pass it along to everyone!

I'm sure you'll find it just as humorous as I did! This is the "Variance of a 3-asset portfolio."

You can click on the picture to open it in a new window to get a better view:

1 comment:

widowman10 said...

this equation makes perfect sense to me. i would take the time to explain all of it's various aspects, but i'm afraid i would lose you in its complicatedness. maybe in a few years when you better grasp it all will i explain it to you. :)